Aadhaar Card Surname Change: It is very important to have the correct name on Aadhaar. We also get many types of benefits from this. Now we have come up with the easiest and simplest methods for those people who want to change their ‘Surname’ on Aadhar Card after their marriage.
Aadhaar Card Surname Change: Aadhaar Card is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Government of India to every citizen of the country. Aadhaar card is required to perform many tasks including opening a bank account or investing in a government scheme or availing the benefits of national schemes. Aadhaar number is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
Aadhaar card acts as an official proof of identity and hence we should update it from time to time with correct information. But do you know that cardholders can also update information like their marital status, mobile number, address and Aadhaar card photograph? For this you just have to visit the official website of UIDAI or visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Centre.
We have come up with the easiest and simplest methods for those people who want to change their ‘Surname’ on Aadhar Card after their marriage.
How to change surname on Aadhar card? (Change Surname Online)
- Visit the official self service update portal of UIDAI using your Aadhaar number.
- Enter your name and surname.
- Upload scanned self-attested supporting documents on the official portal.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Now, enter the OTP number received to apply for name change.
- Note: UIDAI does not charge any fee for name change after marriage through self-service portal.
How to change surname offline after marriage?
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Centre.
- Take all the original copies of your supporting documents (like marriage certificate) to the centre. They will be scanned at the center and the original copies will be handed back to you.
- For the offline name change process, you will have to pay a nominal fee of Rs 50.