This includes Dussehra, Navratri and other festivals along with Saturday and Sunday holidays. Due to continuous holidays, bank related work of customers may be affected, however online services will continue.
October Bank Holidays 2023: There is important news for all bank users. If there is any bank related work then complete it as soon as possible. Banks will remain closed for 10 days between October 8 and 26. This includes Dussehra, Navratri and other festivals along with Saturday and Sunday holidays. Due to continuous holidays, customers’ work related to banks may be affected, although online services will continue, but check book-pass book work may be affected. .
As per Reserve Bank of India (RBI) instructions, banks will remain closed on all public holidays and some regional holidays depending on the state. Regional holidays are decided by the state government. There are 5 Sundays falling in the month of October. Along with this, there is also a bank holiday on the second and fourth Saturday, that is, these 7 holidays are fixed in the entire country.
You can use these online services
- Bank holidays have no effect on digital services like UPI, Mobile Banking, Internet Banking.
- Money can also be transferred through UPI, while you can use ATM for cash withdrawal.
- You can also do your work through Net Banking, ATM, digital payment.
- You can also use credit and debit cards easily.
- You can transfer money from one account to another through net banking or mobile banking.
Banks will remain closed for so many days in October
- 8 October- Sunday
- 14 October 2023, Saturday, Mahalaya
- Sunday 15th October
- 18 October 2023, Wednesday, Kati Bihu
- 21 October 2023, Saturday, Durga Puja (Maha Saptami)
- Sunday 22 October
- 23 October 2023, Monday, Dussehra (Mahanavami) / Ayudha Puja / Durga Puja / Vijay Dashami Agartala, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong, Thiruvananthapuram
- 24 October 2023, Tuesday, Dussehra/Dussehra (Vijayadashami)/Durga Puja (except Hyderabad Imphal)
- 25 October 2023, Wednesday, Durga Puja (Dasai)
- 26 October 2023, Thursday, Durga Puja (Dasai)/Accession Day